ControlPlane 1.0.4 has been released. You can get it via the “Check for Updates” menu or directly from here. Major new features in ControlPlane include a sleep/wake evidence source and the start of AppleScript support. The IP Evidence Source has been made more robust as well.
I’ve removed the ticketing system hosted here on this site because it was killing my server. I have a rather limited cloud server and chiliproject’s requirements are just too much. Ticketing will be handled at github instead. Ticketing is located at https://github.com/dustinrue/ControlPlane/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open
I have released 1.0.3. The return of the bluetooth evidence source is still the big ticket item in this release but there are others. You can get the latest release immediately by choosing Check For Updates from ControlPlane’s menu.
ControlPlane 1.0.3 is alive and well, I’m just working on some localization and having some trouble getting the German translations to work.
Here’s what you can expect in 1.0.3
- Return of the bluetooth evidence source. Bluetooth evidence source will periodically scan for nearby bluetooth devices as well as respond when a new bluetooth device has associated itself with your Mac. I have been using this for over two weeks and it appears to be working well.
- Improved WiFi evidence source. I introduced an issue while fixing the WiFi evidence source that can cause connectivity issues because of the constant scanning. I’ve fixed it to act more like how the WiFi evidence source was working on MarcoPolo, it only scans if not associated to a WiFi network unless you specifically override this in the advanced preferences section.
- Ability to toggle within the ControlPlane preferences if ControlPlane starts at login or not
- Ability to toggle between showing the ControlPlane icon, current context or both in the menu bar
- Added menu option for supporting ControlPlane
I have made some changes to the General Preferences section of ControlPlane that need translation work and I’m looking for help. If you are github+Xcode savvy and wish to help out please head on over github – https://github.com/dustinrue/ControlPlane – and fork the project. When finished translating, commit your work and issue a pull request to me. The bits that need translation are in the MainMenu.nib.
The languages I need help with are:
Portuguese – Brazil
If you wish to help out but don’t want bother with Xcode contact me and I can provide the strings that need translation.
Changes from version 1.0.1 include:
- Unmount disk action is fixed, report any issues you find
- VPNAction now supports Cisco VPN Type
- ToggleWiFi Action is fixed thanks to user contribution!
- Updated Credits
- Updated documentation
- Updates OUI databases